Commonly known as Paññānanda Bhikkhu, he is prominent Buddhist monk who revolted the way of teaching Buddhist in Thailand. He is also an important associate to Phra Dhammakosacariya (Nguam Indapañño) or Ajahn Buddhadasa of Suanmokha. He devotes his life to teaching Buddhist until the last of his breath.
Phra Brahmmangalāčariyā (Pan Panyānanthō)
May 11, 1911 – October 10, 2007
History of Wat Panyanantaram
Wat-Panyanantaram’s land was belonged to Mr.Pichid – Mrs. Jumrad Thongsimuang. In 1985, the couple donated their 6 Rais land to Phra Chalerm Paphadsaro and his companions, for founding “Son Tao House of Priest”. Nevertheless, later on, a number of monk reduced. December 29, 1992, Mrs. Boonsong Bhochan cooperated and donated this land along side this house to Phra Thēpwisutthimēthī (Pan Panyānanthō), the president of Center of Buddhist Inherit, Wat- Chollapratarn Rangsarit (80 Years Paññānanda Memorial). Wat-Panyanantaram was officially founded on January 31, 1994.
Later on, group of adherent of Center of Buddhist Inherit under Phramah̄ās̄ang̀ās̄up̣haro(currently, Paññānandamunī), Phramah̄āmānophpạỵỵāwachiroand Phramah̄ās̄omp̣hochṭ̄hitiỵāṇo;purchased additional land to Wat Panyanantaram, forcerebrating Phra Dharmakosacariya (PaññānandaBhikkhu)’s 84th anniversary. They have cooperated to build and to teaching Buddhist; aiming to educate, to train meditation and to teach Dharma. The results have been accepted by educational institutions, government and private agencies. These organizations generally submit their members to attend the course, for developing their personnel, all year round.
Wat Panyanantaram has been granted wis̄ungkhāms̄īmā on May 2, 2002 and currently owns land of 69 Rai 3 Ngan and 22 square-wa. Phramaha Chalerm Piyadassi is the abbot.